Currently, I am looking to combine my passions of people, letters, pixels, lifestyle marketing & branding, and social media in the professional realm.
Letters unite to build words. Pixels unite to build images. Digital technologies unite to build community. Let's unite to build a legacy!
Communication specialist with experience in public relations research, graphic design, marketing content curation through multiple media channels, and social media management shown through exemplary written and verbal skills, public speaking and presentation expertise gained through teaching/training experience, and organization and time management knowledge from dedicated customer service.
Client Support Specialist, Cision; Chicago, IL – 2016 - Present
Oversee rapid response client requests from PR professionals as part of Cision's Client Support team to provide media information in real time in Cisionpoint and MyGorkana, the leading industry software for public relations professionals through providing 24/7 high quality and timely client support to a roster of well-known Marketing and PR clients while upholding a guaranteed 5-minute response time
- Communicates daily with journalists and bloggers on behalf of our clients in order to help build relationships necessary to aiding PR campaigns and initiatives by managing and responding to a high volume of inbound requests and inquiries from journalists, clients, and prospects through Salesforce platform
- Mentor Client Support team members as an experienced media researcher
Media Researcher & Features Writer, Cision; Chicago, IL – 2012 - 2016
Oversaw daily client requests from PR professionals as part of Cision’s Research department to provide up-to-date media information through CisionPoint
- Curated, researched, and wrote content for Cision blog interviewing and analyzing influencers in the public relations, advertising, and media industries for feature articles on industry trends
Adjunct Instructor, Westwood College; Chicago, IL – 2010 - 2012
- Provided lesson planning, instruction, and grading of college-level Communication classes including Public Speaking, Business and Ethics, and Intercultural Studies in Sociology
Visual Content Curator, The Movement.; Chicago, IL – 2009 - 2010
- Supported lifestyle marketing, social media, and curation duties, including maintaining press lists and media materials for Chicago-based multimedia and visual artists
Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago, Chicago, IL – B.A. Graphic Design, 2011
Illinois State University - Normal, IL – M.S. Communication, 2008
University of Missouri - Columbia, MO – B.A. Communication, 2006
Adobe Photoshop | Adobe Illustrator | Adobe InDesign | Marketing Communications | Media Research | Visual Communication & Layout | Digital Photography | Public Speaking | Social Media Marketing | Branding & Identity | Blogging | Qualitative Research | Teaching
Available upon request